With all of the SPAM filters and firewalls that dealers have in place, getting email notifications when your clients fill out a form to request service or order supplies can be a challenge. This can happen for a variety of reasons. If you notice that you are no longer getting email notifications for forms completed, follow the steps below.
- Check your spam/junk box. If the emails are being delivered to your junk box, try marking them as “not spam” if your email client allows. You may also try creating a rule to have the messages sent to a specific folder.
- If the emails are not being delivered:
- Check the email addresses on the forms for accuracy. Be sure to check spelling carefully.
- If you have recently gone live with a new site, check with your IT department to see if there are white/black lists or filters/firewalls that need to be configured.
- In many cases, the issue is caused by the cloud-based nature of our hosting servers, and their susceptibility to black listing. This issue can be avoided by using an SMTP relay service. We have a service available to you at no charge, through SMTP2Go. Simply contact support to get the service added to your site. You will be sent instructions on what needs to be done on your end (very minimal).
- In the meantime, you can always track your form submissions via the website administrative interface. Just log into the site, navigate to the form in question, and click the tab titled “Results.” By doing so, you can ensure that you are not missing any submissions during the troubleshooting process.
- It is recommended that you check the results tab on your forms on a regular basis; to be sure you never miss a submission.
Hopefully this helps. If you require more support feel free to engage our support team, visit our Support Page.