Originally posted on June 30, 2015. Updated to reflect changes in Google+ navigation.
Recently I wrote an article on why dealer principals need to have administrative access to their company social media pages. This blog post explains how to access your company Google+/Google My Business page.
Google+ is honestly a bit more - and when I say a bit
… I mean a lot more - of a headache to manage on the backend. The first thing to understand is that only the ‘Owner’ (Google’s term for Admin) can add a new ‘Manager’ to the page.Hopefully whoever created your Google+ page (and is currently the Owner of the page) remembers their credentials and can successfully login to the businesses’ page. I’ve been involved with clients that wanted to add features and functionality to their Google+ page but nobody knew how to login to the page. Talk about scary!!
- First go to https://plus.google.com and login with your email and password. Then click on the letter icon in the top right. Click on 'Brand Accounts' to see the pages that you manage.
- Choose your account from the list.
- You are now on that page and ready to manage it! Click on 'Profile' from the left column.
- Then click on 'Edit Profile.'
- Click on 'Manage Page.'
- Click on the Letter icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on 'Manage Account.'
- Click on 'Manage Permissions.'
- Finally you can see all of the people who are currently admins of your Google+ account. Click on the + icon in the top right corner of the new pop up. Once
- Type in the name/email address of the person you'd like to add. Click 'Invite'. Then hit 'Done.'
You can see that there were a lot more steps to adding a Google+ admin than any other social platform. Additionally, Google is always reinventing their platform, meaning the steps in this process frequently change. Feel free to reach out for help with this process!
What About the Other Social Platforms?
Click on the links below to learn how to get administrative access to your dealership's other social platforms.