Originally posted on June 30, 2015. Updated to reflect changes in Facebook navigation.
Dealer principals need to have administrative access to their company social media accounts. This article explains how to get administrative rights to Facebook.
- Determine who the Administrator of your Company’s Facebook page is and make sure you’re either Friends on Facebook or you know the email address that the individual uses with Facebook.
- Go into Facebook and look for one of the 3 locations noted in the following screenshot. There are 3 spots that your business will be listed -- under shortcuts, Your Pages, or in the Manage Pages section. Click on any one of these 3 links to get to your page.
- Once you’re on your company Facebook page, look at the upper right side of the page for ‘Settings’ and click it.
- Once you’re at the Settings screen, look middle way down on the left hand column for ‘Page Roles’ and click there.
- On the ‘Page Role’ screen, you’ll find a box where you can enter a name or an email address. If that individual that you’re wanting to designate an Admin is a Facebook friend, then the name will auto-populate in the box and you can select it. If the person is not a Friend of yours on Facebook then you’ll have to enter their email address (the one they use to log into their own Facebook account) in the blank and they will be sent a message from Facebook letting them know that they’ve been granted a Page role on your company page. You can also determine their level of administrative access -- from Analyst to Editor to Advertiser. Once that individual accepts their new role, the process is complete.
What About the Other Social Platforms?
Click on the links below to learn how to get administrative access to your dealership's other social platforms.